Present Perfect Or Past Simple – III
- I ____________________ (to stop) eating McDonald’s for a while, but here I am again.
- I toured Europe 10 years ago, and went again last month, and wow, Europe ____________________ (really / to change).
show answerhas really changed
- He made a lot of money this year, but he ____________________ (already / to spend) almost all of it.
show answerhas already spent
- The actress ____________________ (to eat) two cheeseburgers and felt guilty for the rest of the day.
- What do you think about the band’s style? It ____________________ (to change), but ____________________ (it / to get) better?
show answerhas changed / has it gotten
- Are you still using the stove? No, I ____________________ (to finish) what I was cooking. You can use it.
- She ____________________ (to try) to run the marathon, but ended up quitting one third of the way through.
- Where are my keys? I ____________________ (to put) them right there and now they’re gone.
- Hey, call the fire department. The store across the street ____________________ (to catch? OR to be?) on fire.
caught, has caught
- The discount store down the street ____________________ (to burn down). Did you hear? Really? How ____________________ (that / happen)? Nobody knows for sure yet, but some people think the owner ____________________ (to set) the fire himself to collect the insurance money.
show answerburned down / did that happen / set